Review on the HTC Desire 610
Well after a good 6 months of using this phone I have now come up with what I believe to be a accurate review on this product. I am being 100% honest and will give you all the good and bad sides to owning and using this phone!
The HTC Desire 610 is a respectable mid-range phone, with a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 1GB of RAM and a 4.7 inch 540 x 960 display with a pixel density of 234 pixels per inch.
There’s an 8 megapixel camera, 8GB of storage and a microSD card slot and while it doesn’t have the premium metal build of higher end HTC phones, it has plenty of other standard HTC features, such as dual front-facing speakers with BoomSound for impeccable audio quality and BlinkFeed for easy access to news and social network updates.
This is a good phone and using it many times to do a variation of different things has proven to be one of the better mobile phones I have used. It lacks a lot of important features that I think a competitive phone would need. and listed below are a few of the pros and cons I have found when using this phone.
Pros -
The phone has an amazing built in sound system, Playing music out loud is great and easy to use, The volume goes up high enough to be able to play music to a level of being unsociable so you might want to restrain from using in the street or on public transport due to causing noise pollution and causing people to think you are causing a disturbance but on the other hand if this is your goal then go a head :D
When plugging in earphones or headphones the sound quality doesnt fade with an amazing 3D effect surround sound effect that makes you feel like you are watching the music artist live on stage or even in a stadium. It really has an amazing sound system so if this is what you want for a phone I would struggle fitting you in with a better one!
The screen resolution is clear and easy to see, With a largish screen and simple layout it is very easy to use. Viewing images, watching videos or typing out a text messages couldn't be easier due the crisp viewing platform. The touch feature is soft and delicate enough to reduce accidental clicks and also provides a quiet soft feel when in use.
The main camera on the back is a massive 8MP and this is brilliant for taking some of the most accurate and perfect shots. Not a bad shutter speed either. Due to the clear image you can snap as many pictures as you want and view with just a click of a button seeing exactly what the camera can see. Who would of thought that we would ever have a mobile phone with a mega pixel as large as 8. I am still use to the old VGA cameras!
The phone is small and lightweight. perfect for any pocket, bag or coat. Not much can be said about a small phone but this one is just perfect for those who want a high end phone but with the practicality of a big one. It is big gone small :D
A good feature that caught my eye was that when the phone is locked you can still use the camera.... I know right!
Don't know why you would ever need to but it was a quirky little thing that made me smile.
The phone of choice came as a coral colour, One of only phones i have ever seen in this colour.
it is pretty and really looks the part. kind of a reddish, pinky, salmon colour. Really like this about it!
Cons -
Right where do I start!...
For ONE the back doesn't come off..... At all!
So if you (for any reason) want to see the battery, Or even replace it you have to send it off to professionals to have this done, This would be okay if you don't mind spending a few quid but it is certainly not as easy as just ordering a spare battery off eBay!
Big NO.... NO - You should be able to take apart you phone if desired.
The phone is also known to freeze. Never really taking this as a problem until I was checking my online banking and it froze to the point my bank timed out so the security in place logged me out and after doing this three times I found this as a problem. In the end the phone worked after re-starting it and loading it from scratch..... If you don't mind re-starting you phone every time you want to check your bank then this is the phone for you!
Turning the phone on after about 4 months of having the thing started to become a problem. It wouldnt always respond to the first time holding down the ON button!
It would take between 2 and 4 attempts to get it to load. Not good if you need to make an important phone call. Good job I wasn't in desperate need of an ambulance!
The front camera is a let down. As good as the rear camera is you cant really take clear selfies on the front one and would struggle using the rear one.
I does the job but when it comes to clear images it really is a let down.
I want crisp pictures but nope!.... No chance!
These are all the problems I have found with this phone and not to say your phone is not perfect, but mine seemed to miss a lot of important things.
I have just maybe had one out of the bunch that is not as good as the others... who knows.
Due to the cons over shadowing the pros I couldn't recommend this mobile phone to people as I don't feel for the price of it you really get what you can get with many more phones currently on the market and some for way cheaper!
This phone is very expensive for what it is and you can easily pick up a better phone for the same price. That said. It is good for capturing pictures and storage is big and with quick access to the internet you can also use you social media in a flash.
I would rate this phone 6 out of 10 due to the price for product.






No comments:
Post a Comment